Thursday, August 19, 2010

dinonsaur baby

Everytime I open my blog and I look at the baby ticker. I just can't help but think that is a really ugly baby dinosaur. It really does look like a dinosaur though. I know it will get cuter eventually.
So here's to deal. I am sick. I am not throwing up yet, but I am a fighter and I won't throw up till I absolutely can't physically keep it in anymore. I have found if I keep myself busy then it helps, it makes it so I don't have as much time to think about my food coming out of my mouth. So I am blogging.
I am scared about this baby. I am scared about the birth and the heartburn. That is the worst parts. I am excited for the sickness to end and for the 5th month. That is my favorite month. I feel great I am not to big, but big enough that I look pregnant, and I know what I am having so it is so much fun to look at all of the baby stuff. That I love..

This baby did come as some what of a surprise. We had talked about having another one, but we weren't "trying". It took me a year to get pregnant with Reed so I just figured it would take a little while for our next one too. Well I had decided that I wanted to wait a few more months to try so that it would be born in the summer time. It would make it a lot easier on family and anyone that wanted to visit, and on Jake since he is in school now. So I wanted to hold off. Apparently that is all I ever had to was try to avoid getting pregnant and I will. So April 7th is the due date. Just in line with the rest of the family's birthdays. we have 2 on the 2nd, 1 on the third, 2 on the 5th, and 1 on the sixth of April. We are really excited, nervous and scared on what is to come, but can't wait. Everything will work out and I am sure that having another child will be so amazing. We love Reed so much and he has changed our lives more than we could have ever imagined. I can't wait to see what this one has in store for us!

9 comments:

Leila said...

I have heard tons of stories about people who had to try for a long time to get pregnant with their first, but not long with their second. Josh's sister and her husband tried for three years before they got pregnant, and now she's pregnant again and the baby will be born when their first is just 19 months. So something happens when you have a baby to make having another easier.

And don't stress too much about the birth and heartburn! I can't speak from experience (yet), but people say every pregnancy's different. Just remember the sweet baby you'll have at the end!

I was really excited to find out you were pregnant again. It made me a little jealous! :D

Heidi said...

Congratulations!!! It's an adventure, that is for sure, but I know you will enjoy all the good things and the bad things...well...just remember...mom's are blessed to forget them.

Anonymous said...

What? You already know what you are having? When will you tell? I can't believe it I am coming up on my fifth month next week and it feels SO much better I am glad you are a trooper when it comes to throwing up I am the worst I would rather just throw it up and get it out but then I am cranky and have ZERO energy. Something that helped me was ginger root tablets. You can just buy them at wal mart they made the biggest difference for my nausea. CONGRATS!! can't wait to find out what you are having!

The Dyer Fam-Damily said...

How do you know what you are having? let me in on the secret woman! I know how you feel I am terrified sometimes and I just keep telling myself that everything is going to be ok and that our baby is healthy and happy in my little belly. It's hard not to worry though! Good luck with the 1st tri!

Rachel and Jake Squire said...

I don't know what I am having. I have a feeling ( I knew that I was having a boy with Reed the second I was pregnant). I just love the 5th month because I know for sure by then what I am having. I guess I didn't word that very well!

APRIL DAVIS said...

Ginger Snaps! And Harmons has candied ginger. And ginger tea. And b-12. And there's a sleeping med you can take that not only knocks you out at night but helps prevent nausea as a side effect...I don't remember what it's called. I'm SO sorry you're sick! It was so hard. Come play and we'll distract you! Unfortunately the throwing up doesn't really help like it does when you're sick. I would throw up and then just be starving all over again...it was awful. Like I said-the only thing that kept me going was just thinking that if I was barfing all the time it meant I was still pregnant...ug, I'm so sorry!

{nicole coombs} said...

Congrats!! Baby #2 is so much fun! Especially when the baby is old enough to start playing with the oldest. Good luck with this pregnancy. I hear you about the heart burn I am right in the middle of that I swear I downed a whole box of baking soda last week! Some nights I have to sleep sitting up.

KimWar said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

Congrats! Baby #2 is just as special as the first and it will be fun for Reed to have a buddy. April is an awesome month. You'll be able to enjoy the warm summer with you sweet newborn baby!