Tuesday, September 16, 2008

the lesser of 2 evils..

Man I feel like this election has been so incredibly controversial. I have had numerous discussions on the subject, and really had a heated argument last night about the two candidates. So I needed to vent about it on my blog, and tell everyone once and for all why and who I am voting for. First off I want to say that both of the candidates have many things that I don't like and I don't agree with either of them fully, but I only have 2 choices, so I guess that is to be expected.
So with no further ado I am voting for McCain/Palin.
Why you ask? After doing some research and looking into all of the issues- I think that both candidates are jumping into a fire and that the economy sucks right now. The crisis of oil, money, and bad mortgages aren't going to be fixed over night and neither of their plans are guaranteed to work. So those issues aren't the ones that bother me the most.
First- I am a conservative. I know that, and will not support gay marriage. I feel its wrong, and its not supported in my religion. Me and jake were discussing that in the scriptures it talks about how evil things have a pattern. First hated and rejected. then tolerated, and then embraced. Which is exactly what is happening with gays. It is not naturaly. If it was then all the animals in the world would be gay, and then the world would die, becasue of no population.
Second- Abortion. I don't support it I never will. I think there are alwasy exceptions to the rule- with rape, insest, or to save the life of the mother. I am pro adoption. There is always a family out there that would love to have a child. There are waiting lists in adoption. So stop being so selfish and carry the freaking baby for 9 months and give it a better life. You had sex what did you think was going to happen! Obama also votes in favor of patial birth abortion which breaks my heart. I won't go into it, but its a terrible proceedure.

Third- I feel like the only word that I have heard come out of obama's mouth is "change". Thats it. Change. okay well I am glad that you say that this is the best country in world, but I would like to change it. Also I find myself thinking about my college history class when Thomas Jefferson stated that "the government that governs that least governs the best." I agree with that statement more and more every year. Obama wants to get the government more involed and to take care of more and more things and I just don't think that is going to solve anything. In fact, every year the goverment keeps getting involved the country keeps getting worse. So I am going to say we go back to just being free and taking care of ourselves. Its not that hard. I think we need government, but I think we need to be resposible.

Okay that is all I have to say about this.
thank you
Rachel

1 comment:

Taralee said...

HELLO!! I'm glad you found our blog!
First, that's awesome that you are having a baby boy! BOYS are so much fun.
Second, you look amazing.
Third- I totally agree with your political views. Very well stated.