Monday, May 3, 2010

life isn't fair.

I have decided that I don't want to be an adult anymore. I don't want to pay bills, clean the house, do the laundry, worry about what my kids are going to go through. I don't want to do this anymore. I want some one to take care of me and let me be a kid again. That just sounds so much better.
Jake got laid off his job on Wednesday.  It was a huge surprise. They just decided to lay off the 3 newest guys are he was the one of the unlucky ones. It really hit me hard. I wasn't prepared. We have had a lot of unexpected expenses in the last month .. so we are broke I mean flat broke. We filed for unemployment. $194 a week. are they crazy. Who can survive on that!
As we have be jobless for 3 days. I have been having a break down at least once a day. I don't know what we are going to do. Its not like people are hiring a lot right now. We've only lived in our house for a year. Its not like a lot of houses are selling right now anyways. I'm actually not scared to lose our house. Its kinda the cool thing to do anyways right now. :) 
You can't buy anything for like 7 years, but since Jake is going to Pharmacy school its going to be that long anyways. So that I'm not really worried about. I'm worried about where we will go, and what we will do.
Honestly if it gets that bad I'm going to do the one thing I swore I never would do... we are going to move into my parents basement. I've never wanted to do this, but there are schools up there, babysitters, cheap/free rent. What else could we ask for. I love my family.
I'm sure I'm just over thinking everything, and things will get better. I am always a worst case scenario kinda girl. I'm going to write Obama to pay my bills for me. That might work out better than finding a job!

6 comments:

Kim Beckstead Cooper said...

Oh my! That's crazy to hear! If you guys need anything...a night of distractions or anything...just let us know.

The Dyer Fam-Damily said...

yikes! sorry guys... I got layed of last year and it sucked big time. It will get better though! love you

RY & MAND WRIGHT said...

Are you ok? I am so sorry to hear whats going on but I know how you feel I feel like we start to be ok and then something big comes up again... I will be ok... Lets think where he could work. First of all both of you need to be donating plasma as white trash as it sound its almost an extra four hundred dollars a month. They have a Day care right there. I do it two times a week and it is actually really relaxing. I just read it takes about forty five min is all. So there is something. Then your hubby should look at All connect and Shift 4. He should also check Durangos it's new out there and they might be hiring. Also check Craigslist there is all kinds of things on there and Jake is smart. If you guys need anything let us know k. Please!!!!

Dawna Greer said...

We feel bad for you but know that with Jake's many talents, he'll be able to secure something that will work out for you all. I didn't know that he want's to go to Pharmacy school. That sounds great. Good luck with the job search. Though things are rough now, things will work out for your good and it's through trials that you learn the most.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach, Sorry things are so rough for you right now. I know we are far away but if you can think of anything we could do, let us know. LOVE YOU Cousin!!!

Julie

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

I totally feel for ya! Marshall got layed last October. It was two months after we found out we were expecting, definitely a stressful time. It will get better, just hang in there. Luckily the Lord doesn't give us trials beyond what we can handle!You're in our prayers!